Friday, September 6, 2013

Last Summer Camp Update Before Bed

About to hit the rack, but I managed to go back and rework the texture for the floor.  Doubling it's physical size to 8k from 4k ended up giving me a net increase of only about 30% in file size, which I can live with.  More importantly, with double the number of pixels to fill up that huge space with, the textures look a lot sharper.  I also rotated the boards 90 degrees and did some of the other things I talked about in the previous post.

Another change from last time around is the aspect ratio of the render.  I did this one in full HD, so it's a bit wider.  Consequently, you can see a bit of the sink on the right, which has a placeholder texture on it.  I'm kind of keen on the way that looks, though, so I might end up keeping something similar with a few tweaks.

It's worth noting that while everything in here is textured in some way, I'm not using any particularly special material shaders at this point, so things like glossiness and specular reflection level probably look a bit dodgy.  Stuff like that is on the agenda for tomorrow.

In addition to the furnishings that will be added, I'll also be scattering some debris around the floor and maybe adding some cobwebs to the corners.

Anyway, that's all for tonight.  I'll have more updates to post tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment