Saturday, September 7, 2013

A Few Incremental Improvements

During the process of modeling and texturing a scene, I like to take a series of test renders in an ongoing process to see where improvements, however small, can be made.  There isn't much in this shot that's immediately different from the one posted last night, but there are some minor things that I think make an improvement.  The bits of plywood covering the studs on the interior walls has been replaced with new geometry and re-textured using a new base image of a sheet of chipped plywood.  I've also added a slight shell modifier to the pieces of canvas to fix the issue with the backside normals rendering strangely.  

There are going to be more such small improvements and changes along the way over the next week, but I am just about to the point where I'm ready to start carving this up into specific groups (back wall, front wall, etc) to assemble the final scene with.  Once I have more or less complete stand-ins for the furnishings, I will also be scattering a lot of debris over the floor and pushing it to the corners.  I will probably do that with MassFX rigid body simulations.

I'll have more over the course of the next few days as everything continues to come together.  Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment