Tuesday, May 11, 2010

More Spooky House

I don't know why I've started calling it "Spooky House," since that sounds incredibly lame, but it's kind of stuck. There's been a bit more progress on the lighting and additional set decoration since the last update.  I've also increased the overall lighting (thanks to my billion candlepower monitor, things that are as clear as daylight in the desert are too dark to see on a normal monitor) and added a flashlight beam from the perspective of the camera.

Also did a little work in post, adding a slight blue filter, desaturating the overall composition, and adding a little film grain.  Still a ways to go.  There are a lot more things I'd like to add or tweak.  Some of the background mattes look a little flat with the current lighting setup.  Naturally, not all of the foliage in the scene (in fact, not even most of it) is actual geometry, or I would need a Cray supercomputer to set up the shots and one of ILM's render farms to render it, but I think I can bring it out a little better without looking so flat.

So with all that ado over nothing, here's the latest update shot.  I think this is definitely shaping up to be a portfolio piece, it's just missing one or two small things to put it over the top.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment