Tuesday, September 25, 2012

New Work In Progress

Here is a house I am currently working on in 3ds Max 2012.  The house is based roughly on the house I'm currently living in, with a few embellishments.  The model is a complete interior and exterior with basement, first floor, and second floor.  I'll have interior pictures likely when I get to the materials and texture phase.  Right now it is sitting at roughly 21,000 polygons with all the major modeling complete except the windows.

There is still work to do with the porch railing, roofs, trim, etc.  The entire thing will be unwrapped into several individual 4k textures.  Exterior, roofs, windows/doors/trim, floors, and interior walls on a room by room basis.  When complete it will also be fully furnished.  Some of the furnishings are already complete or near complete.  I have been working on those on my laptop while I'm away from my desktop machine.

This render here was done with Mental Ray using a white matte Arch&Design material with Ambient Occlusion, and a MR Sun with MR Sky and Global Illumination.

More to come as work progresses.  Once I've finished up the porch I will probably bite the bullet and get the windows knocked out.  Lots and lots of trim to be modeled on those, and most of the windows are unique, so there can't be a lot of copy/paste.  Sigh.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment