Thursday, May 6, 2010

More New Stuff

Of course, immediately after I posted a semi-official, semi-final list of environments to consider for inclusion in the new demo, not only do I find additional scenes hiding on my hard drive that were works in progress and need just a little touch up and finishing.... but I wake up this morning promptly at 7am with inspiration for a new composition, and have been working studiously on it for the past 12 hours, with a break of 2 or 3 hours, give or take, to run some errands.

No screens yet.  In fact, I haven't even completed an actual render, just some previsualizations to test lighting.  I had hoped to have a screenshot up by this evening, but with work looming tomorrow, and the possibility that a single frame of this composition will take an hour to render, it's looking like any screenshots will have to wait until Saturday night or Sunday.

But I think it's a pretty cool scene, and I think you will, too.  Something sort of new, in a genre I haven't really touched much before.  All I can say is, GOOD idea to render the 120 trees in their own Max file to use as an alpha mapped matte for the main composition.  Good lord, I can't imagine what kind of names my computer would call me if I tried to render this shot WITH the 120 trees actually in the composition.  I hear hard drives can leave some pretty nasty bite marks.

No comments:

Post a Comment