Monday, May 24, 2010

All Hail The King!

I really have no idea how this scene got modeled, only that I spent most of today on it.  A couple weeks ago I was screwing around with fabric materials and thought it would be funny to do a velvet Elvis... one thing leads to another, and you end up with something like this.  I think I spent more time composite mapping the gold records from original RCA labels than anything else, although I'm still tweaking the lighting.

Meanwhile, I've continued to focus on areas of Max, and design in general, that I haven't made much use of in the past.  Almost nothing in this scene was poly modeled, which is a major first for me.  The spotlight housings, floor, and ceiling are about all that was modeled from polygon objects.  The walls (and window casting the reflection on the floor) are AEC objects, and the rest was spline modeled.  Along with the beer glass posted yesterday, in which only the table surface and wall were polygon objects, I've been getting a lot of mileage out of spline modeling and finding the workflow to be a lot faster and smoother (not to mention easier on the CPU).

Anyway, enjoy, and I'll be back with updates on this and other things as they happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment