Monday, April 19, 2010

New Project

I'm in the process of updating both my portfolio and demo reel with the slew of new things I've been working on lately.  Among the other things recently posted here, I'm just about finished texturing a pretty neat castle throne room, but in the meantime, here's a screenshot of Excalibur, the sword of King Arthur.  In the context of rendering this out for my demo reel, there are a total of 8 shots that need to be composited together to create a 20 second sequence.  6 of the shots require roughly an hour each of rendering time, and the 2 shots of the fully textured sword and environment require upwards of 7 hours per shot, for a total render time of about 20 hours render time.  Yikes.  And I've only got about 1000 more objects and environments requiring similar rendering and compositing before this portfolio/demo project is complete.  I plan to sleep sometime by the 4th of July.

Anyway, enjoy Excalibur.  Free brownie points to those who can tell me the two phrases inscribed on the blade in Latin, and the symbolic meaning of those phrases to the Arthurian Romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment